Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hi! and Finished Object!


finished sahara
Originally uploaded by laurel717.
Its been a while since this has been finished, but I just haven't been photographing well. I give up and will post this one, taken this morning, anyway. This is Sahara by Wendy Bernard, in Katia Diana. A wonderful pattern, seriously, you HAVE to make it. I myself wasn't interested because its advertised in silk and sequins (see the link), and it wasn't until I saw a photo of one in an unfussy yarn that I saw the potential for me.

I had another finished sweater in the time since I last posted, but I kind of gave it to my sister I think.

Now I'm working on socks and a crocheted baby blanket. Going to start some koigu booties and the kate gilbert rabbit.

I haven't been able to find a haircutter that works for me since my guy moved away last year. I just can't stand to look at pictures like this.

Right now I'm wearing a thick elasticized band that allows me to wear my pre-pregnancy jeans unbuttoned. I feel real silly, I gotta say.

Talk to you later!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So . . . you're pregnant? Congratulations! Also, cute sweater!

Laurel said...

Yep and thank you!

Earl Cootie said...

"crocheted" looks funny when it's in writing.

Wendee said...

GULP! A bun in the oven? I saw J. on the street a couple of weeks ago and he looked happy - maybe it's the man-glow the guys get. Congratulations!

Wendee said...

PS - I love your sweater!

Laurel said...

Thanks Wendee!

goodkarma said...

I love your version of Sahara, so much more wearable than the fancy-pants versions. That's a great color for you, too.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Yay! I just love those first months when you're not really showing but you feel like a potato. :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Sunflowerfairy said...

The sweater came out really cute. Love the color.

Anonymous said...

ikfnr hedging kent grassroots anticipates treatment woodhead dynamics category isabella metropolitan
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

classifying exceptional containers nava hourly ellipses pendula adhered gallery ministry talents
servimundos melifermuly