Thursday, November 1, 2007

8 1/2 months


Mine
Originally uploaded by laurel717
Happy Belated Halloween! Trick or Treating went pretty well. Most of the kids were sweet and polite, but I noticed a few seemed to not want to bother with the saying "trick or treat" part. And one kid didn't want the candy I held out, instead reaching right into the bowl to get what he wanted. Oh, and one little punk stole the top of my jack o'lantern (I recovered it shortly afterward in the planting strip). There were no show-stopping costumes like the "mailman" from last year, and despite all the media frenzy over slut costumes for little girls, everybody was quite wholesome and decent. much ado over nothing, at least in my hood.

The baby is all growed and could come any time, but the doctor doesn't see any indication of an early arrival. GOOD! I'm ready to be done with it physically, but I can't psychologically handle his arrival before the due date, November 14. Being pregnant has pretty much sucked, and that's from someone who had a completely easy, problem-free time of it. Most of the associated aches and pains and symptoms were unsurprising, but I had no idea that the whole gravity thing in these last few weeks would be so painful. Sometimes when I'm walking it takes my breath away.

I'm working right up until labor. I'm way too cheap to waste days off before the baby gets here. Although I'm wrapping up projects and embarrassing procrastinations, each day that passes I care less about getting something crossed off the list. And each day that passes the aggravations of work bother me more. I can't wait for my time off. I'm not convinced its the best place to return to, either. But geez, job hunting AND a new baby might make my head explode for someone so resistant to change.

5 comments:

Earl Cootie said...

Nice jacks! They both look kinda Tim Burtonesque, though in different ways.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Earl Cootie said...

Hi! Eu amo seu blog! Por que você não o atualiza? Seus muitos leitores gostariam de ouvir-se sobre sua vida de rir, gritando, comer, peeing bebês.

Emily & Jeff said...

Hi Laur! I haven't seen your Blog in ages - it's good to visit!! Looks like motherhood is keeping you busy...
love ya! EM

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.