Friday, January 19, 2007

dum de dum de dum de dum de dum

I’m home sick. Again. Went to work Tuesday for my first day back after vacation, then went home early on Wednesday, stayed out yesterday, and again today. Things have changed… I used to recover from a minor illness in 1-2 days! It makes me very nervous to miss work for this long.

I’m so bored. Boredboredbored of sitting here in a messy house in my jammies, eating scraps of whatever I can find, arguing with the cat, and gazing at the computer screen. Unfortunately I don't like daytime telly, except for Ellen and okay, sometimes very begrudgingly Tyra when she plays Makeover Angel. I have been getting some knitting done, at least. And dreamily reviewing job listings on Monster. (Which then leads to cursing my liberal arts degree and all that lack of ambition during my twenties). Oh yeah, and caring for my fish.

I’ve been enjoying a new (to me) flickr group, Awesomely Bad Outfits. One of these days I’m gonna join and scan something in. Will it be the stirrup pantsuit I wore in sixth grade, the one with the giant blue flowers? That I used to match with zebra print socks? Or maybe something from the time in the 90s when I used to wear thrifted pajamas, the pants cut off or rolled up. Aye yi yi, what a nerd I always have been (always will be). The greatest part of this group is seeing awful old photos that people have posted and then exiting the group to see what they are like now. Just another thing to remind you growing up is tough for mostly everyone. God I can’t wait to tell that to my child only to know it will never, ever believe me.

1 comment:

Earl Cootie said...

Do we get to hear about the NY trip some day? Or is that just an aside like "It rained again today"?

My pond in OK used to freeze over in the winter. The fish were always fine come the thaw. Glad you're thinking of bonding.

Get well.